Saturday, November 26, 2005

My ode to Thanksgiving Break

I've done nothing...

it's a love hate relationship.

I come home with good intentions of exercise and homework.

I come home to family time.

i come home to eating too much food.

Is there more i could do?
Sure seems like it.

Do i want to kick myself in the pants and call myself a "lazy, good for nothing Christian who doesn't work hard enough, talk to my parents enough, or discipline myself enough?... all the time!

Is that the answer? Maybe...probably not!

Don't get me wrong. Discipline is key. But Christians aren't built off works.

Oswald Chambers says this, "Beware of allowing yourself to think that the shallow concerns of life are not ordained of God; they are as much of God as the profound. It is not your devotion to God that makes you refuse to be shallow; but your wish to impress other people witht he fact that you are a spiritual prig. Beware of posing as a profound person; God became a Baby. To be shallow is not a sign of being wicked...our safeguard is in the shallow things...the shallow amenities of life, eating and drinking, walking and talking, are all ordained by God.'So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.'1 Corinthians 10:31"

I did nothing?

Rest

Contemplation

family time

alone time

and homework in time.

i've done something...

I HAVE GLORIFIED GOD!!!

CAUTION: Don't get caught up in legalism


Thanks: to shopping with mom, My Utmost For His Highest, and Breaking The Bondage of Legalism

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brent!
So i typed in JC Bodyshop and your blog popped up on my screen. Dude it is me Lance Young! How are you man! I am loving Central Wesleyan Wroking with Jen's father in law! He is so amazing! I really think the world of him. I am hearing great things about you and your floor! Keepin the tradition alive! WOW 3rd north right?
I followed Chello then Travis took my room and floor and now you!
Love you man!
Great Blog!
-Lance Young