Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Things Done This Year

-I ran the Hodson Half-Marathon(13.1 Miles) in 1:39:00 this year.
(this is better than my best past time before my ACL surgery!)
My best time before this was 1:43:00(just under an 8 minute/mile pace)
-I ran a 5:50 mile this year.
this is 7 seconds off my Personal record
-I almost dunked in a church league game(life long dream)
it rattled in and out on a fast break(maybe in the future)
-I am going to Cedar Point(i've been told its the greatest them park in the Midwest)
-I went to the Tulip Festival in Holland, MI
-I was an RA(resident's assistant in my dorm(something i've wanted to do most of college)
--I went to the intramural football championships(another college dream)
-I graduated with Honors with a GPA of 3.52
My plan was to get above a 3.5 or else i figured i was not applying myself
and below a 3.8 or else i figured personally i probably wasn't being social enough :)
-I learned how to RockClimb. I sported a 5-9+ and an easy 5-10. That's decent.

-For Pleasure Reading I have read:
Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller
Today Matters by John Maxwell
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
Captivating by John & Mrs. Eldredge
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
A Tale of Three Kings
-I am starting to read:
Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster
Waking the Dead by John Eldredge
Hearing God by Dallas Willard
Orthodox by G.K. Chesterton


This is not meant to brag.. .this is just meant to give you a general idea of my life this year. In fact i feel like this is kindof ironic because one of the things i have been learning is how we learn not from doing but just allowing ourselves to be. Don't allow this to make you feel any less of who you are. If anything allow this to be an encouragement of where you can go and how God can bless, give strength, and restore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Melitta stainless steel coffee maker order cheap cost tadalafil online America vw Childs aviation headset rating Kentucky myra laser tattoo removal