Monday, July 30, 2007

Windshield wipers


A lot reminds me of New Zealand still.

Windshield wipers being the biggest thing.
In New Zealand the blinkers and windshield wipers are on the opposite side so at least once every drive my windshield wipers seem to go across instead of my blinker when i am making a turn.

It just reminds me that i was starting to establish home somewhere else!

Yeah i still have to measure things in kilometers and Celsius or convert the measurements depending on who i am talking to and where!

The Kiwi and Aussie accents sound a lot thicker over the phone rather than being in person talking to them.

It gets dark here at 9-9:30pm in the summer
In New Zealand it was getting dark around 6-6:30pm in the winter

I think its getting dark i still got the whole night ahead of me thinking it is about 7pm and it is already 10!!!
So as i work out the details of settling in the US until i head back to New Zealand for awhile, little things like the windshield or secondguessing which side of the road i should drive on when i turn in an intersection just remind me that life can't be so different so quick

No comments: