Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random American Observations of New Zealanders

It was fun hearing my parents initial observations about New Zealand:
A few were that:
  1. Kiwis say: "Yea, yeah.." multiple times when agreeing
  2. More Kiwi girls pull off the stylish bed hair look
  3. My dad saw more manicured flowers in public parks than gardens where as my mom appreciated the flowers in personal gardens as regular.
A few things i realized as well:
  1. I am more likely to answer a comment in agreement with a contemplative "mmm..." where as before i would've actually tended to have a verbal response instead of just make a noise :)
  2. I don't think there are really any popular songs written that have "New Zealand or Kiwi" in the actual title of the song outside of "God save New Zealand." (Where as there are a lot of songs talking about america or certain places in it)

No comments: