Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One of the Best Parts of Missions...

Missions has its hard times and its good times, but one of the reasons I was so grateful for my job over the past week is that a big part of what I do is focused on being a gift to others.

What a great occupation and job description: be a gift to others.

Not in a cocky sense like, "Hey, here is Brent Dongell with a bow tied around his head, isn't your life just that much better now?!?" haha

But in the sense that the reason I am sent to New Zealand is to be a gift from the US and wider body of Christ to the church and people of New Zealand with my time and finances. I get to go around and hopefully encourage and challenge people, be a listening ear, and give of my education, tithing, and extra spending money where i can and try and be a refresher to those around me.

Thanks to my friends, family, and supporting churches back home that make this a reality.

"...he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25

but I also have definitely felt blessed on both sides of this coin as always. Where ever i have been giving, I always wonder whether I am giving or actually receiving back way more from those people than i have ever given them.

No comments: