Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life to the Full

I have never thought about "Life to the full" in food terms:

Jesus says
" I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10
Chris Conrad two Sundays ago was using a food analogy and compared food that fill vs food that leaves you more hungry. He was saying how they can resemble the activities/things in our life that are temporary and leave us always wanting more vs. eternal things that fulfill and it really helped me make this connection in my head:

You can have life to the full when your doing things that leave you filled instead of activities that's always leaving you needing more.

For Instance: Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless. Ecclesiastes 5:10

Sometimes it feels like the ministry I am doing can be heavy,
but I take for granted that it is satisfying versus the other things that i could be doing that look good, but in the end i will have to go back for more because it will never fill the God hole and the God giftings i have been created with and for.


For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Eph 2:10

Sometimes I pray to God for more strength and motivation, but the truth is that I very rarely to NEVER question whether what i do is wasteful or unfulfilling, because in my opinion, there is nothing better than being a part of God working in people. This is always working towards heaven which, in my opinion, is the epitome of full.

No comments: